Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Technoraticise your blog.

Hi,

Okay, I know there is no such word as technoraticse, but I couldn't resist. I'm in the process of joining Technorati and claiming this blog.

To be frank, Technorati is a completely new beast to me. I suspect like many people, I have heard of it for some time, but never really bothered with it. However, if it helps me to share the information about JustLocal friends, then I am into giving it a go.

The first part of claiming a blog is to either provide the user name and password for the blog, which in my opinion is just not on, or to provide a link in the blog using a temporary post which you can delete after the Technorati spider has checked your blog.

I decided to share the experience of signing up with Technorati with you. If it helps JustLocal it may also help JustLocal friends.

The following is the link Technorati requested I include in a post.

Technorati Profile

To include the above link I used the Edit Html option and simply copied and paste the link information provided by Technorati.

Now back to Technorati to complete the process.

The spiders did their work very quickly and the blog was claimed. A few more informational fields and the JustLocal blog was now Technoraticised.

I also opted to add the Fave link provided Technorati. I did this by adding the code before the </body> tag in the source code for the template. Spooky stuff, but quite easy if you know what you are looking for. I suspect the Fave link will be one way for other people to effectively vote for your blog.

The following now appears at the bottom of the blog so others can now easily add the JustLocal blog to their Technorati Favourites.

Add to Technorati Favourites

The JustLocal blog has now been Technoraticised.

No comments:

Post a Comment