Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Virus alert: Your Online Flight Ticket N 45412

This one has increased recently and was reported to me by a JustLocal friend. I've mentioned this one in an earlier blog, but since it has now increased in the number of emails we receive I felt it was appropriate to mention it again.

This is a attempt to scare people into thinking they have had charges made against their credit card. If you are in the process of booking a holiday this one may trick you.

It is obvious from the randow user name in the from email address that it is malware.

It was not detected by my virus scanning software which was just updated with a reboot to the computer.

It really is a concern that so many of these emails are getting into people's computers. I had not realised the level of viruses getting through, since I use OzEfilter to delete them before they reach my computer. Often fixing a computer after one of these virus infections gets through can be almost as much as a new computer.

Please do take care when you receive an attachment from anyone, even someone you know.

- Kelvin

No comments:

Post a Comment