Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MyAnswers. Professional solutions to your computer problems

As an IT consultant I solve client's problems every day. I also get asked for my opinion many times during a week. I decided some years ago to document this information so more people could benefit at a lower cost, than asking me direct.

The solutions and responses are documented in the MyAnswers database and can be purchased for a small fee over the internet.

Most of us including myself search the internet for solutions. I've been known to search for hours to solve a problem. Along the way I see many solutions that are partially correct, incorrect, and some that are outright dangerous. The problem with most public forums is anyone can participate. Even the forums offered by leading software vendors contain substandard information. If you think about why the public forums may offer substandard information it is pretty obvious. The vendors want people to feel part, to participate. In doing so however the vendors aren't providing their professional advice and guidance, but letting those who participate share information. It saves the vendor time and money, and they appear to be helping users. In my experience much of the help provided if you're not experienced can be inadequate. Without experience it would be very hard to separate the real knowledge from the gossip.

On one forum for open source software which I participated in, one person offered their advice to users which I knew would corrupt a person's computer. To their credit they meant well, but passing on untested information that has been posted by others is a recipe for disaster.

MyAnswers are my notes of what I've done to solve a problem. The solution has worked for my clients and in most cases it will work for you. I say most, because a slight change in situation may mean a different solution is required. All solutions come with a money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work for you, you won't be out of pocket.

If you want solutions, rather than gossip, check out MyAnswers. If you want to see the latest issues other people are finding with their computers, then check out the Recent solutions page. You will find it makes interesting reading.

Kelvin Eldridge

 

No comments:

Post a Comment