Sunday, November 22, 2009

Why I've now added a password to Word Check?

We all use the internet as a great resource. Most of us, including myself, go from site to site, using what is provided and never once thinking about the business or person providing the information. It is free after all. This is neither a statement that this behaviour is either good or bad. It just is.

As the developer of the Kelvin dictionary used in Word Check, I estimate the Kelvin dictionary I am building will take around a thousand hours of research before it is at the level I am happy with and ready for general release. A thousand hours of time to give away to others is something I'd like to do, but sadly can't afford to do.

I've made the decision to focus on people who are interested in giving and receiving. Those who join my mailing list give a small amount of their time to hear what I have to say. To see if something I am doing has value for them. There is no cost to join the JustLocal mailing list. You do not have to buy anything unless it interests you. You won't get flooded with emails from me every day. Your information will not be provided to others.

I apologise in advance to anyone I may inconvenience. I do trust you'll understand my reasons.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment