Thursday, May 06, 2010

Web pages designed for Apple iPhone Safari browser

For those with an Apple iPhone, you can now more easily use the Electricity Cost Calculator and the BMI/BMR Calculator.

When I first designed these online calculators I thought they would display well on the Apple iPhone. However the Safari iPhone browser shrunk them and they weren't as easy to use as I'd hoped. I've recently modified the calculators and now if you use the calculators in landscape, the calculator takes up the full screen which makes them very easy to use.

The Electricity Cost Calculator enables you to easily calculate how much an appliance costs you to run on a daily and yearly basis. It also enables you to determine the payback period if you replace an old appliance with a new low energy appliance. The payback period is great for determining which devices you can easily replace as the lower energy costs means the devices will pay for themselves with the energy saved.



The BMI/BMR calculator is the approach I used to lose weight. Actually 20kg in weight. Once you know what you need to do to lose weight it becomes much easier. There are so many people trying to make money in the weight loss and exercise industry, it is easy to get confused with all the messages. I worked out an approach which cost nothing, requires no exercise and takes around 5-10 minutes a day. The BMI/BMR calculator is what I used to start my weight loss journey and I hope others can use it to assist them in their weight loss journey.



I really didn't have the time or resources to go down the path of developing applications for the iPhone using Apple's approach, and frankly, I don't think it is particularly good idea for me to lock myself into a single device. It took quite a bit of research to determine how to make web pages look good on the iPhone and at the same time Desktop/Notebook/Netbook computers. The approach enables me to provide useful web based applications for my clients, whether they want to run the application on the iPhone or on their computer.

Enjoy,

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment