Friday, June 18, 2010

Apple iOS 4 release date

The new version of the Apple iOS 4 operating system for the Apple iPhone is just around the corner. It should be here sometime next week.

I'm looking forward to multitasking and their universal inbox. Skype was one app I was looking forward to try but with OS 3 when it isn't running in the foreground, it isn't running and that makes it not as useful. Once iOS 4 introduces multi-tasking and Skype update their software to take advantage of multi-tasking I'm looking forward to testing Skype again.

With the unified inbox feature I'm hoping my two email accounts can be treated as one (and still two as currently) which should mean a little less going up and down through levels in the email application.

Whilst I'm still not sure of the exact release date the new iPhone 4 is being released on June 24 with the new operating system so it is possible it will be released around that time.

For those with the Apple 3G iPhone multi-tasking won't be available but I'm sure the update will bring some exciting new features. If you are interested in the features of iOS 4 visit the update page on the Apple site.

Those with an eagle eye will have noticed the change in the name of the operating system from OS to iOS which I suspect is to align the name of the operating system with the devices it runs on.

All we can do now is wait until sometime next week.

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment