Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Alert: Job offer as a mystery shopper - Leon Kirkland

Today I received an email with the subject Job offer as a mystery shopper so I decided to investigate.

OzEfilter showed me this email was sent from Spain. The domain Leon is using for the return email address was associated for France and the email address uses a Polish domain which was set up many years ago with Polish servers.

The email is targeted at Australians with an offer of AUD2200 per month and a company car on demand. My real concern is the information being request which includes CV/Resume and recent photo would be the type of information people could use for identity theft. There is no additional information provided on the company sending the email.

I would highly recommend deleting this type of email. If you are interested in becoming a mystery shopper I would suggest researching for a local company and checking them out first.

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment