Sunday, April 17, 2011

Alert: You have reached the limit of your email quota

I received an email today with the subject You have reached the limit of your email quota and since it made me pause for a moment to check it out I decided to check the email out further.

If you receive an email like this don't just assume it applies to you. In this case  the following rather generic message was in the body of the email.

You have reached the limit of your email quota.
You will not be able to send or receive new mail until you boost your mailbox size.
Click the below link and fill the form to upgrade your account.

The link did not relate to any site or email facility I use.

I'd suggest deleting this type of email. At a guess it is simply a way to lead people to pay for something there is no requirement for.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.onlineconnections.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment