Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Thank you to Anthony Osborne for contributing to JustLocal Rowville

When I first designed JustLocal I was at a stage in my life where I found I could help a couple of dozen businesses with my consulting skills but for me that wasn't enough. I wanted to find a way to share my skills with a much larger number of people. JustLocal was the result and is designed to enable me to help thousands of people.

I don't work in the same way as others. I don't build a business to employ people and create a typical business structure. I believe in empowering a people. To work with others in a cooperative manner for the benefit of the team. My motto is friends helping friends and I believe when we help each other we all grow.

Anthony Osborne, whom I met whilst running for the last state election, contacted me for assistance with an internet presence. We both ran as independents and what impressed me about Anthony was he was proactive and persistent. Now whilst JustLocal is about helping businesses and comes from a business perspective, Anthony came from a different direction which was to help his local community to be informed about council news, local news and events in the local area. The structure of JustLocal is set up so one or more people in a local area can use JustLocal to assist their community. By helping Anthony to achieve his goal of helping the local community I also achieve my goal of helping others and for me that is what JustLocal is about.

I'd like to welcome Anthony to the JustLocal virtual team and am excited for what the future will hold, how JustLocal with the help of Anthony, keep the local community informed and  to strengthen the local community.

You can read posts by Anthony on the 3178 blog (http://justlocal3178.blogspot.com/) and you can also find the blog on the 3178 JustLocal postcode page (www.JustLocal.com.au/3178) which covers Rowville and Lysterfield.

Thank you Anthony for your time, effort and support.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.justlocal.com.au/  

No comments:

Post a Comment