Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simpson refrigerator model STM5200WA-R*3 light globe Philips 40W XE6 replacement experience with Save On Spares Pty Ltd

I like to shop local if I can, but sometimes I wonder if the world is conspiring to stop me. The light in my Simpson refrigerator blew. Removing it was easy. I then did a search for a Philips 40W XE6 globe but found nothing. The globe is a blue colour so I felt I needed a particular globe to suit the fridge.

I then searched for Simpson and found a company called Save On Spares in Ringwood. Well if that's where I have to go to get this particular globe I thought, then that's where I have to go. I arrived an asked for a replacement globe and the said they were no longer blue and handed me the replacement. Wait a second. That's a standard globe I can buy at Bunnings. Are you sure it is the right one I asked. This is for a oven hood and I need one for a refrigerator. Yes, that's the right one. I knew I'd been dudded. The price was $9.50.

I decided later when I was going past Bunnings and check the price of the same globe. Yes the replacement globe at Bunnings was just $3.78. So much for saving on spares I thought. I'll find it hard to trust that company again.

For those who are in the same situation as me, the replacement globe I was provided with was a Philips 40W E14 240W T25L CL CH. It is a clear globe and on the box it is marked for a cooker hood.

I am disappointed that companies like Bunnings (or anyone that I could find on the internet) don't provide a chart for replacement parts. Instead of travelling 40 kilometres I could have travelled around 10 km.

I hope this helps someone else from being a mug like me.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment