Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Westpac credit cards rejected at Shell and Repco. Issue appears Commonwealth Bank's ATM network giving issues.

I was quite surprised this morning when I went to pay for a battery at the Repco mechanic. The Mastercard failed. When they called for merchant support they couldn't get onto them. They tried multiple times but the service just kept dropping out. That was about 11 am. Then at about 1:30 pm I filled up at Shell in Templestowe. This time using the Westpac AMEX card and again it failed.

It appears the Commonwealth Bank are having issues across their systems. The issue then wasn't with my card, but I suspect both of these businesses probably use the Commonwealth Bank's services.

This is a good reminder that you have the ability to accept a credit card payment using another service if required.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment