Friday, May 23, 2014

Skip the Chips - Have you ever considered how many kilojoules are in those chips?

Those of you who have been reading my posts will know that at one time I decided I needed to lose weight. A lot of weight. The first 2-3 kg is always easy, but then it gets harder and I never really seemed to get past the easy stage. That is until I decided to investigate the maths behind losing weight. I share what I learnt on www.weightlossmaths.com.au. Today however is an important lesson I learnt when losing weight.

My approach is simple. You can eat whatever you like as long as you eat up to your dieting kilojoule allowance. That includes having takeaway. Notice how everyone knocks takeaway and what they focus on.   The focus is never on the chips.

I you have a large McChicken meal with a diet coke at McDonald's you'd think the most kilojoules is in the burger. Not so fast. Check out the kilojoules for a large chips. The McChicken burger has 1,710 kilojoules, but those large chips, 1,900 kilojoules. This is not meant to be picking on McDonald's. I'm only using McDonald's as an example but the true is the same for the other fast food businesses.

I decided to create an awareness program so people realise that when they upsize, they may not be doing the best thing for their backsides. It's best to downsize, or skip the chips altogether.

So join me and spread the word, Skip the Chips.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

PS. Oven backed chips are much lower in kilojoules, about 50% less.

No comments:

Post a Comment