Saturday, September 27, 2014

Compare iPhone 6 to iPhone 6 Plus

Now I'm not exactly looking to buy an new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, but I was curious as to the new bigger iPhone 6 Plus. So at the earliest opportunity I decided to drop into my local Apple store. I'm lucky, there's one close to where I live.

If you're after a comparison based on specs, I'd suggest a visit to the Apple site. But for me it was about touching and feeling the iPhone. How did it feel to me? How did it feel to others?

I stood there checking out the iPhones and something surreal happened. It felt like I was in the cartoon Finding Nemo, where the seagulls were all saying, mine, mine, mine, in an amusing seagull voice. But instead, over all the noise, all I could here was, it's too big, it's too big, it's too big. What the heck I thought. Yes. It's big. That's the point. But it was good to listen and I chatted, and really it is about your needs.

I personally use the internet most of the day for what I do. A bigger screen is ideal for me. OK. Ageing eyes make it appealing as well. That small screen on my old iPhone makes it feel like I'm reading a newspaper through the letterbox. So for me I like the larger size.

The pocket test. No we weren't trying to steal the iPhone. The cable made sure of that. But a couple of us put the iPhone into our pockets and you know what, it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't sit down with it in my pocket, but I don't with my current mobile. The very thin site means the only issue is the width and height. I could live with that.

I shared thoughts with a women next to me. She could see my point of view. She showed me how here small hand could not comfortably hold the iPhone 6 Plus, so for her it made no sense.

Then the movie test. Which movie I thought. I know. The one I wrote to show those interested in JustLocal how to sign up. I was in fits of laughter. I tricked myself. The screen was so good, for me at least, that I kept clicking on my video thinking I was pressing on my actual site. They were so similar it was amazing. Fooling myself like that I found amusing. What was even more amusing is it didn't happen once, but I'd turn around and talk, forget where I was up to and trick myself again. So funny. But to me that showed me just how good the screen was.

Overall the new iPhone 6 Plus is a lovely device and if I had a business need, I'd purchase it. But I don't currently have that need.

If you're thinking about the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, once you've read all the reviews, get to an Apple or reseller store and pick the thing up in your mitts. Put it in your pockets. Imagine and test how you'll use it. Life is about experiencing, not just about reading.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.
Helping people in the Doncaster, Templestowe, Eltham and surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment