Monday, September 08, 2014

McDonald's Monopoly rare pieces 2014 - Australia

THE ACCEPTANCE OF NEW PIECES IS NOW CLOSED
THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED CAN VIEW THE LIST USING THE PASSWORD PROVIDED WHEN PIECES WERE ENTERED - THANK YOU

McDonald's Monopoly starts again on Wednesday September 10th. In previous years I've published the rare pieces for Australians. Do keep in mind McDonald's monopoly is also played overseas.

NOTE: This information is only for the Australian competition.

Make a note or print off this list of rare pieces. These are the pieces that will be hard to get and earn you one of the prizes for collecting a complete set. Everyone can generally collect all the other pieces relatively easy so these the the important pieces to keep an eye out for.

The following are the rare pieces.

Stay tuned. I'll add the details as they become available.

OK. This isn't as easy as last year. Last year you could determine the rare pieces from the terms and conditions. Not a problem.

If you let me know the pieces you have using the following form we'll quickly be able to determine the hard to get pieces.  Consider this a way where we help each other to quickly work out the important pieces.

www.justlocal.com.au/clients/monopolypieces/

Super important tip: This year I've decided to only display the results to those chipping in, so please record the password as you contribute.

Thank you in advance for entering your pieces.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au
Helping people in your area find your local business.

PS. PLEASE HELP BY LETTING OTHERS KNOW
If you'd like to know the rare pieces sooner please share a link using social media. The more people who contribute the faster I'll be able to work out the rare pieces so everyone will know.

PPS. A BIG THANK YOU.
As a result of your input the rare pieces are most likely known. The railroads aren't conclusive, but based on numbers so far. I'm fairly confident with the suggestion.

22 comments:

  1. Found the McDonald's Monopoly site. So far there's only the following notice.

    McDonald's® Monopoly 2014 Promotion starts at 6.00am on 10/09/2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Mayfair but I'm unsure if it is a rare piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. As people enter their pieces it will enable me to work out which are rare and which aren't. I can then let you know.

      Delete
    2. Michael. Thanks also for the link to the 2013 page. I didn't release the comment as I didn't want it to confuse people.

      Delete
  3. Sorry everyone. I used Google's form to enable people to enter their pieces as a temporary measure. After one person entered Strand Google suspended my form for a breach of terms and conditions. Never seen that happen before.

    I've now released the web app so people can enter their pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks David for taking the time. If you don't mind me asking, could you enter them into the following online application. If I enter them they wouldn't be counted.

      www.justlocal.com.au/clients/monopolypieces/

      Delete
  5. I got
    Bond St
    Kings cross station
    Oxford St

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Daniel. If you don't mind me asking, could you enter those into the form available at www.justlocal.com.au/clients/monopolypieces/. This will also provide you with the password so you can check which pieces I've identified so far as most likely to be the rare pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having issues replying to my original commend
    -Leicester Square
    -Kings Cross Station
    I will enter as I get

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've analysed the responses and am fairly confident the rare pieces have now been identified. Thank you everyone for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone who contributed. Please use the password that was provided and you'll be able to view the list I believe to be the rare pieces.

    I've now closed this web app as those who helped and the people who have now benefited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it still possible to get the password? I'll still give you the places I got if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Out of respect to those who contributed their time and efforts, the rare pieces list is only being made available to them. Any other way would not be fair to them.

      Delete
  11. This was only open for day 2 days. I want to know too but I guess I missed out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George my apologies. In effect a group of people came together, helped each other and each benefited for the effort of the others. Not to respect that would be remiss of me.

      Delete
  12. Kelvin thank you buddy. Thanks for your innovative app. I must of made it in time the other day. Much appreciated. Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks too for joining in. Had to whip the web app very quickly. Google blocked my temporary Form from their service. May have been able to do it in half the time. Glad to also be able to help. Thanks also for taking the time to write.

      Delete
  13. PLEASE NOTE

    This post and submitting of new pieces is closed.

    People are writing to only get what they want and because the list was only to be made available to those chipping in to find the solution, I won't break that trust and provide to list to others. I'm very sorry.

    Based on my observation of people and their behaviour, this will lead to some people feeling it is their right to get the answers for no effort. Some will then become abusive.

    In order to avoid this I will not respond to emails, so please do not email me for the list.

    Please if you need to work out the list check the internet or work with your family and friends to work out the list. Put the effort in and get the reward as the people here did.

    My apologies in advance for any frustration or annoyance this may cause.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK. OK.,

    You guys are killing me with kindness. I received such a lovely email this morning I can't stand it. I've caved. Just send me an email asking nicely and I'll send you the password. I'm sure those who participated won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete