Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Catch Up Coffee video now live on YouTube.

I thought I'd create a short video to demonstrate the Catch Up Coffee site and the mobile page. You can find the video at http://youtu.be/T9BvU-y61Ec.

Having attended quite a few networking breakfasts and events over the years one of the best events happened completely by accident. The power who had been invite to speak at the networking event didn't turn up. The group looked at me (I was simply another attendee) and ask me to lead the group. Not quite sure why the looked at me, but I didn't mind. I thought for a moment and I thought, you know what, what I really want to know is what everyone else at the event did. That more I know about others the more likely I am to be able to use their services or refer others to them. I hope that in return people think the same way about my services.

I loved the approach so decided to incorporate the approach into Catch Up Coffee. To me there's far to much in networking events that simply is designed to fill the time. Do I really want to spend half an hour listening to a presenter promote their business. Not really. I'd rather know more about the people attending.

Attending networking events can get fairly expensive over a year. Most networking events now charge around $20-$30 and some more. If you attend just one event each week you'll end up spending close to a $1,000 a year.

With Catch Up Coffee the cost is simply the price of a cup of coffee, or whatever else you wish to buy. That's in the order of $3.50-$4. That's networking on a shoestring budget, and for many micro and small business owners, that's a welcome relief to the hip pocket.

On the Catch Up Coffee page I provide further details of my approach. All it takes is for you to invite just one person and then open it up to your contacts and you may be surprised how quickly a table of 6-8 is filled. Of course if you just want to catch up with one person, that's OK too.

Catch Up Coffee provides you with the opportunity to network with other like-minded business owners, exchange business cards, learn about each other, and relax whilst getting to know one another.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au
Catch Up Coffee is a JustLocal initiative to help local businesses to get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment