Monday, March 09, 2015

Where is the nearest cinema? Nearest Hoyts and Village Cinema map.

The other day I was purchasing discount tickets for the cinema. I was faced with the option of either Hoyts tickets or Village Cinema tickets. Which to choose? Where is the nearest cinema or cinemas I thought to myself.

I've actually found myself in this situation a few times so I thought a map of the cinema locations could help me make a better decision and if I'm out and about, the mobile version of a map showing the closest five cinemas could come in really handy.

At the time I made the decision to go with Village Cinema tickets. After having created the map and viewing the five closest cinemas the real surprise was there were three Hoyts and two Village Cinemas so Hoyts would probably have been a better choice. I'd have never known that if it weren't for the maps. It really is amazing the assumptions we make based on what we think we know, which in fact isn't as good as we think it is.

If you'd like to check the nearest cinema to yourself, the desktop version of the map is available at www.mapz.com.au/nearestcinema/ and the mobile version showing the closest five is available at www.mapz.com.au/nearestcinema/mobile/. All maps are available via the www.mapz.com.au site.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment