Monday, May 04, 2015

50/50 is iTunes movie of the week for 99 cents.

When I received the email from Apple iTunes letting me know I've spent 99 cents for a movie, there's one thing I always notice. It is the link to do a review.

I often wonder why people spend so much time creating content and simply giving it away for companies like Apple to make money from their efforts. They really do have enough money already. Why not write a review and post it on your own site or your own blog. Use it to build your presence. You never know, one day that presence might end up making your money.

For those interested in a review, we picked 50/50 because we had a choice of two movies and 50/50 looked like it might be funny. Now of course we knew the underlying storyline as we'd watched the review. It never really struck us it was also about the young man's journey with cancer.

I actually found the subject matter was handled very well. The movie was quite humorous in parts and quite moving at times.

Overall I found the movie enjoyable to watch and well worth the 99 cents. I however doubt if I would have selected the movie at full price.

So next time you do a review, use your energy to help yourself. You may be actually quite surprised at who else ends up enjoying what you write.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au
Helping local business.

No comments:

Post a Comment