Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Melbourne Car Parks and Drinking Fountains Melbourne maps added to Mapz.

When I find data that I feel may be useful to me, I think it may be useful to others as well. Recently I found The City of Melbourne have made available some of their data for others to use. There's a number of datasets that I feel may help me, so I decided to map the data for easier use.

When riding a bike to the city, or simply walking around the city you can get thirsty. The Drinking Fountains Melbourne map provides an easy way to find the closest drinking fountains. Honestly I'd never noticed them around the city and there's a lot. I may use them more often. Melbourne's water is pretty good and much better than buying a fizzy drink.

The other day I was in the city and needed to find some parking. My knowledge of the city car parks is about 30 years old so I was pretty lost as to which car parks were good, or even where they now were. They can get pretty expensive. Whilst on the first occasion I parked outside the city and took the tram in using my free weekend travel for seniors, I know not everyone has that opportunity. The next was to use the on street parking. At $5.50 an hour it is pretty expensive. The Melbourne Car Parks map will hopefully help me find suitable parking close to where I need to be.

A tip for the Melbourne Car Parks map is to use the link to Google maps and zoom in. There's you may get a link to the actual business which may provide more information.

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment