Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Scam - Pensioner to call Centrelink on 02 9099 1773.

Today I received a call which I let go to the answering machine. I've set my telephone so that calls from people we know ring with a happy tune. All other calls are mostly telemarketers, or scammers, so we let them go to the answering machine.

I decided to share this call as it is a scam that is trying to scam pensioners. Some pensioners get tricked by these scammers. By making the call available to others, hopefully this reinforces this is a scam.

I received the call. I'm not a pensioner. The number 02 9099 1773 to call and the same application number 080456 has been reported by quite a few people on the internet.

You can listen to a recording of the call on my Youtube channel. The link to the recording is https://youtu.be/1VMbvGXcaD8.

Hopefully this information assists others.

Kelvin Eldridge
IT support.

Update: 17 Jan 2017
I've read of a number of people being scammed. Basically people are being asked to pay for certain costs to get their money back paid. Some people have been asked to pay for this using iTunes gift cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment