Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Virus: Commonwealth Bank - Account lockout.

I've received an increasing number of these emails of late.

Account Lockout 
Please note: Your Netbank account has been locked after a pre-determined number of unsuccessful attempts.

This type of email is known as a phishing email. It is most likely attempting to trick you into revealing your bank access details. You should immediately delete this type of email.

My suggestion is to seriously think about not providing your email address to your bank. Provide other means for them to contact you. My banks don't have my email address and I've not had any issue with them contacting me. I know all emails that pretend to be from one of the banks I use, is then definitely not from the bank.

- Kelvin




No comments:

Post a Comment