Friday, September 23, 2011

Skype update now shows telephone number with a flag in front

Many programs you install have an effect on other programs which you may not be aware of or necessarily want. For example I have Skype installed. I started Skype recentlty and an automatic update was applied. I wasn't presented with any options. When I went into Internet Explorer I noticed Skype was now highlighting the telephone numbers on web pages which is something I didn't want. I don't ever recall dialling a number from a web page so to have them modified everytime they're displayed isn't something I want.

In MyAnswers solution 2162 I provide instructions on how to disable this Skype feature.

Skype isn't the only program to install unwanted software or to affect other programs installed on your computer. I regularly clean up people's computers and remove unwanted add-ins. Nearly every computer I see has a Google toolbar installed which isn't required at all for most people and just takes up space on the screen.

I've often been called out to a customer who feels they need a new computer but once I've cleaned up their computer, they're amazed at how fast it runs. If you need your computer cleaned up and live in the Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham area I visit locals with no call out fee. For those a little further away, you should allow for the travel time involved.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.onlineconnections.com.au/
Call 0415 910 703 to have your computer cleaned of unwanted software and add-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment