Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Alert: Don't join the CNET service and receive newsletters from them as they don't honour unsubscribe requests.

A few years ago I wrote a comment on the CNET site. Years later and without notice CNET decided to start sending newsletters.  I've unsubscribed a number of times but the newsletters keep coming. I've even written to CNET and received no response.

It is best not to get onto services like CNET when their systems don't let you unsubscribe.

Be careful when subscribing to sites requesting your email address. Some are annoying like CNET, but others I've heard from have experience unwanted spam which have meant they've had to change their email address.

In this case I'll end up discarding the unwanted emails at the mail server. An action that shouldn't be required but that's all part of being part of an internet connected community.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment