Saturday, March 28, 2015

Video not working in Facebook.

I've noticed a number of times that when I view a post in Facebook with a video all I get is a timer that keeps spinning. If I click on the image nothing happens. If I wait nothing happens, the timer simply keeps spinning around.

I decided to investigate and the solution is pretty easy. I run my system without Flash and Java installed as these two products make up most of the top ten malware infection vectors. Since I don't generally need these products I've removed them.

That means this issue is through my own creation. To fix the issue all you need to do is to go to the Adobe site in install the Flash Player. If you don't wish to install the Flash Player and really want to check out the video, then use your mobile device connected to your Wi-Fi (not your 3G data as video uses a lot of data which could mean cost). Facebook knows mobile devices can't display Flash so doesn't use Flash on mobile devices. Now why Facebook just doesn't do the same on desktops and notebooks makes me shake my head.

In any case, now I know and your know as well.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

No comments:

Post a Comment