Monday, December 13, 2010

New Years Resolution ideas

Without doubt losing weight especially after Christmas would be one of those New Years resolutions people make. I certainly will be aiming to lose a few kilograms. I'm always amazed at how many different ways companies market for people to lose weight when it can be done at almost no cost, with a small amount of time and no exercise. How do I know? I did it myself and worked out the maths behind losing weight. To show it could be done I set out to lose my excess weight (yes I was obese with a BMI over 30) and lost over 20kg. But not only that I decided to do it without exercising to show it isn't about exercise like others would have us believe.

I started with the BMI/BMR figures and worked from there. I've written a calculator to help others as well as a couple of interesting calculators which shows how much energy is used for doing different types of exercises and the real eye-opener, a calculator which shows how long you have to exercise should you decide to have a treat. You'll be amazed at how long you need to exercise, but once you realise the maths behind weight loss like I did, you'll know where to focus you energy to lose weight. You can find the calculators on JustLocal (http://www.justlocal.com.au/).

For those with different goals you may wish to consider Superlife, which is a program created by Gary Hipworth. Gary is an experience business coach and has distilled goal setting into a simple to follow program, so no matter what your goal is in life, you'll have a tool which will help you determine and achieve your goals.

Start the New Year on a positive note and this time when you make a New Years resolution, make it a reality. Make it happen. Then you can focus on your next achievement.

Kelvin Eldridge
The creator of The Preferred Australian English Spelling for Microsoft Office
Yes. That was one of my goals which now helps myself and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment