Friday, May 04, 2012

One Big Switch on The Project

I noticed the One Big Switch promotion on The Project the other night. I decided to check out the One Big Switch web site to see how their offers compare with what I’m currently receiving in terms of electricity rates.

I have to say I’m very disappointed. There are no rates to be seen, not even examples of group purchases they’ve made. There is no real information by which a person can make a decision from what I can see. This feels like a very well organised press campaign.

Consider looking at ways to reduce your electricity usage. I’ve reduced our electricity usage by 50-60% by making some very simple changes in usage habits. It is extremely easy to do. Yes, if you’re squandering your money by using electricity unwisely you can save money with a discount. But reduce your usage and you’ll find you save much more and the discount doesn’t make as much difference.

If I recall correctly on The Project they said there was a three year contract. I for one wouldn’t want to be locked into such a long term contract. I couldn’t find any information on the One Big Switch site which could answer even that question.

To me the One Big Switch site looks more like a site to capture people’s email addresses so they can continue marketing to them, which is very common marketing technique used on the internet. Make what looks like a good offer, or even give away something for free, which in turn helps to create a marketing database.

Personally I’d rather deal with a business that was upfront with what they were offering. More than happy to consider offers if you simply present the information for me to review.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

1 comment: