Friday, December 14, 2007

Glad to be of assistance.

In this age of the Internet it never ceases to amaze me that all of us (including myself) take the hard work of others so much for granted.

We visit sites, collect what we need, and move on, never giving things a second thought.

I recently did a check of the first 500 people (alphabetically) writing to the OpenOffice.org support mailing list for assistance and 64% wrote once to request support from the volunteers. It amazed me to see they didn't take a moment out of their day to write a second time to say thank you.

Nearly every day someone drops me a line to say thank you and it is very much appreciated.

Today I received the following thank you.

"Thanks for making the spellchecker problem easy to fix, microsoft uk didn't want to know and neither did the vendor of office 2007 or the original installer of the OE on my system. Thanks once again"

Next time someone helps you perhaps pause for a moment. Show your appreciation. You never know how much it will be appreciated.

Thank you to all those who have paused for a moment in their busy day to say thanks. It really has been appreciated.

Have a great day - Kelvin.

No comments:

Post a Comment