Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Myspace - An end of an era.

The Australian subsidiary of Myspace is about to close at the end of this month. A couple of years ago I watched the traffic graphs and witnessed Facebook passing Myspace and to this day Facebook continues to grow.

I'm personally not a fan of Facebook because I think people's privacy should be number one on the agenda. People should be able to opt to share their information and not have it shared for the benefit of commercial interests, but what I think isn't particularly relevant because Facebook continues to grow.

Myspace was the "big" social site a few years ago and it has now been blitzed by Facebook. In this article one of three founding staff members of Myspace Australia shares their views. I think getting the inside information from someone who has been there, is excellent information which can assist all of us in our own business in some way.

I appreciate Alex sharing his story and thought it may be of interest to JustLocal friends. Thank you Alex for sharing.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.JustLocal.com.au/

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoy reading it and thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate the kind words too :)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete