Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alert: Job opportunity. Company Representative Is Needed. Employment opportunity. Job offer match.

Recently I've noticed a considerable number of job opportunity emails both received and bouncing back from email servers to my address. These are spam emails and many have been faked to use someone else's email address.

If you receive any unsolicited job opportunities I would suggest you delete the emails. I suspect most are attempts to gather people's information.

The following are some of the subjects from emails that I've noticed.

Job opportunity  - hurry to apply!
Company Representative Is Needed (Job Offer Employment)
Employment opportunity
Job offer match, respond to apply

I crosschecked where one of the emails was sent from and it came from the Ukraine. A good indication these emails are to be treated as potentially malicious.

Given the volume of these emails it is likely that people will be tricked. Don't be tricked. Treat all unsolicited emails as being in breach of the anti-spam legislation. The way I look at unsolicited emails is if they are so easily prepared to breach the law, chances are they aren't legitimate and will have no respect for your information.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.justlocal.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment