Saturday, May 28, 2011

Opera Mini 6 on Apple iPhone kills off Goggle advertising




Opera Mini 6 on Apple iPhone kills off Goggle advertising I have no idea if this is by design or an accidental side effect. I have Google advertising on some of my pages and noticed the Google ads had vanished. No big deal really as I do lose some potential income, but users benefit with just my content and that is also a good outcome.

WOW I thought. Does this also apply to results from Google's search site. The answer as you can see from the screenshot is yes. There are no ads appearing at the right or top of the results. That's Google's lifeblood. No ads, no income.

All those sites which copy my articles onto their sites largely for Google ad revenue are effectively useless for them. That doesn't make me unhappy one bit:-) Of course this won't really impact those sites unless a large number of people use Opera and the iPhone to browse the internet.

Seriously, I do wonder the reason for this with Opera Mini.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment