Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flybuy dollars unclear to Coles staff

Flybuy dollars is a new feature of the Flybuys program, but unfortunately because it is new, I had a concern staff may not know what to do. Today a person I know went to Coles and presented their Flybuys card and let the cashier know there was $30 dollars on the card to use. They asked their supervisor who said the money would come off at the end, which it didn't.

The problem with a new system like Flybuy dollars, is at the start, staff are unlikely to have been trained and it will only be after a couple of people don't get what they should and then complain, and then the staff will know what to do.

If you want to avoid the frustration and disappointment the person I know experienced today, it may be a good idea to wait a couple of weeks before trying to redeem Flybuy dollars.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

5 comments:

  1. From the couple of people I know who are using Flybuys dollars, checkout staff don't know how to process the reward. The technique to use is ask the checkout staff member if they know how to process a Flybuys dollars reward. If they don't know, ask them to get the manager.

    I'd suggest printing off the reward and taking the copy with you. This contains your pin you need to know to get the reward. I suspect many people will forget they need a pin. Destroy the printed copy after you have your reward so others don't get access to your pin.

    We found it easier to use Target to obtain the reward. The staff member didn't know what to do, but with the help of the manager, ended up being trained. The staff member was happy they'd learnt something new. With Target you'll generally have less items. With Coles you'll have a lot of items and may feel under pressure with the line of people behind you.

    Kelvin Eldridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot my flybuys pin number. I already redeemed it in computer. But when cashier told me to punch my pin, can't remember what I put in. What must I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To determine your pin log on to Flybuys. Go to "Manage my flybuys" and then select "flybuys Dollars". There you'll find your Access Code which is your pin.

    Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot my pin number as well, redeemed one for 40 dollars one for 10 dollars. Clicked "Manage my flybuys" and then selected "flybuys Dollars", found only one pin only, is it the same pin for the two vouchers?

      Delete
  4. If I recall correctly setting your pin is separate from the rewards which would indicate the one pin. If unsure contact Flybuys help service.

    Kelvin

    ReplyDelete