Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Tourism Australia under fire for misleading ad

I just read the following article on The News.com.au site and can't help but feel disappointed our tourism authority has to provide us and potential overseas visitors with misleading information. This just isn't necessary or even desirable in my opinion.

http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/news/tourism-australia-under-fire-for-misleading-scene-in-new-ad/story-e6frfq80-1226384329446

Walking along a beach in a romantic scene with a bottle of wine, where it is illegal to do so and no ranger present, where there should be one. Great scene but pure fantasy.

My own thought about the ad was concern for the unsupervised child patting a small kangaroo. Kangaroos can be dangerous.

We shouldn't exaggerate. It will simply leave a bad taste for visitors. Australia has more than enough to offer that we don't need to exaggerate.

I was at Monkey Mia where a younger lady from France was quite bitter that she'd been led to believe she could swim with the dolphins. I'd somehow got the same impression so she isn't alone. The difference is I'd done research beforehand which meant I knew what to expect. I'm sure the young lady will return to France and let many others know of her disappointment.

Tourism Australia shouldn't be producing material which isn't of the highest standard and professionalism.


Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment