Sunday, October 26, 2014

Is the current VCE systems advantaging overseas students over students born in Australian without a native second language?

This article actually concerns me. I believe I've worked out that it is possible that some courses give some people and advantage over others, in particular studying a language other than English provides a bonus which may result in an increased ATAR score. This is not something teachers were able to explain when I asked them when my daughter was in year 12, which I feel was inadequate and unfair guidance to some students.

Templestowe College principal Peter Hutton said students who had recently arrived in Australia often studied their native language at the highest level in VCE before reaching year 12, accounting for some of the overall increase.... read more

Kelvin Eldridge 
www.JustLocal.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment