Friday, March 18, 2016

Alert: Make sure Dick Smith TVs can view new channels.

I noticed in the media Dick Smith are struggling to move their own name brand TVs. I also noticed a large shipment of over a million dollars of TVs that Dick Smith may also need to sell and that all adds up to a lot of Dick Smith TVs.

The media has made it known that buying a Dick Smith brand may not be a wise idea and to stick with buying brand names which will be supported by the manufacturers if there's a problem.

I purchased a Dick Smith TV around two years ago. With the new free-to-air channels that use the H264/MPEG4, the Dick Smith TV cannot receive the channels. I've asked Dick Smith support and at this stage there is no update available. I've checked the Chinese manufacturer's site but there's very little information on the site.

If you're going to buy a Dick Smith TV, may I suggest you make sure it can receive the new channels such as 7flix or channel 76. For some the channels 74/4ME and 78/racing.com may be important. Channel 9 is also introducing a new channel. I don't know if the newer TVs can or can't receive these channels, so it is worth testing the TVs yourself to make sure all current channels can be received.

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment