Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Applying for a Victorian Seniors Card online

I'm getting close to that point in my life when it's time to apply for a Seniors Card. I've heard a number of people who have turned 60 wonder when they'll get their Seniors Card.

The Seniors Card isn't something that will happen automatically. You have to apply for the Seniors Card. I've read there's forms available at the Post Office, but my preference is to use the online form which is available at https://dhhsseniorsonline.secure.force.com/NewApplication.

You can submit your application three weeks before you turn 60 enabling you to receive your Seniors Card soon after you turn 60.

Now whilst having a Seniors Card isn't a biggie, there are discounts available to Seniors Card holders and it's worth becoming aware of some of the discounts. For example KFC offer 10% discount as do The Good Guys. There's free travel on public transport which isn't that great if your other half isn't also a senior, but it least it's offered.

The savings aren't huge but over the year could add up to a nice little amount.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

Update: I received the Seniors card and a free Myki card (which I assume to be a seniors Myki card) today the 18th of August. That's pretty quick and more than a week before I turn 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment