Thursday, January 17, 2019

Aldi Gardenline Hose Reel Set 15m


Our old host set is getting a bit long in the tooth and leaks a bit, so when I saw the Aldi Gardenline Hose Reel Set 15m I thought it was worth purchasing.

The packaging states "Pre-connected and ready to go". Yes it was but as soon as I attached the hose and turned it on, the hose connecting to the mail reel feel out leaving the connector on the main reel and nothing on the end of the house.

I then reattached the hose to the connector and tighten using multigrips so that it was tighter than I could get using my hands alone. The hose continued to leak. The connector at the end of the hose was good as was where the hose connected to the tap. But where the hose connected to the reel it leaked.

A second issue I had with the unit was pulling out the house. Our old hose reel you could pull the hose out and the reel would stay put. It is just a wireframe unit. With the Aldi Gardenline Hose Reel if you try to pull the feel out the reel unit just follows you. You need to hold the reel unit and pull out the hose. Not very convenient at all.

Overall I'd say give the Aldi Gardenline Hose Reel Set at miss. Back to Aldi with this one. Very disappointing.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment