Thursday, January 30, 2020

Nothing - A sixty minute video of nothing.

Every had an idea that seemed silly at first. Nothing is one such idea. A video of nothing for sixty minutes. Nothing on the screen, no sound, nothing.

At first I thought the idea was a waste of time, but then I started to think, perhaps that could be useful when testing computers or mobile phones. I checked the internet and 10, 12 and 24 hours of nothing had been done, so I thought what about an hour. That's a good period of time.

So I decided to go ahead and do Nothing, a video about nothing.

Remember those days when you'd quickly minimise the screen so your boss or others didn't see what you were doing and it wasn't work.  Have the Nothing video running in the background and now you can switch the screen quickly and when asked what you're doing, the truthful answer is Nothing.

At times when I find it hard to sleep I picture black, my mind drifts and I picture black again, but it's hard to picture black. But if you watch Nothing and then close your eyes, it is really easy to picture black.

A black screen makes it look like a computer or mobile is off, when it actually isn't.

Having a black screen running in the background puts your focus much more on what you're working on in the foreground.

The Nothing video makes a good timer. You know what an hour is up. You can check the elapsed time at any time, but it doesn't distract you.

Apart from the many puns I came up which gave me no end of amusement (that's worth it in itself), I'm sure others will have ideas with what they can do with Nothing.

You can find Nothing at https://youtu.be/UOCrsrvadS4, or should that be something!

Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment