Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Change in active coronavirus cases in Victoria by Postcode.

 The Victoria government has released two lots of data for coronavirus cases in Victoria. One for the 31st of July and the second for the 6th of August. I've created a map which shows both of these sets of data.

I thought I’d let you know I added the change in active cases in the postcode map.

https://www.Mapz.com.au/coronavirusvictoria/postcode/

However one thing I really wanted to know was the new number of cases in each postcode. Unfortunately the Victorian government choose not to release that data. They only released the number of active cases in the second lot of data on the 6th of August.

All we can see is the change in active cases. Unfortunately that means we can't always tell if there's new cases for an area because new cases may be offset by active cases no longer being active (people are now negative for coronavirus). Having said that some data is better than no data.

What I personally am interested in is the number of cases and change of cases in my own area and the areas around me. The option to show the 20 Nearest postcode gives me that information on the map, plus also lists the information below the map making it easier to quickly see what change has occurred. You can select the 20 Nearest option in the menu or use the following link.

https://www.mapz.com.au/coronavirusvictoria/postcode/mobile/

Remember you on a desktop or notebook computer you can simply hover your mouse over a marker to see further details. On a mobile device you need to click on a marker to see further details (this can also be done on a notebook or desktop computer).

Kelvin Eldridge
www.Mapz.com.au/coronavirusvictoria/

No comments:

Post a Comment