Monday, September 23, 2013

Gmail spam - Integrated marketing help - Chloe Lee

Most days I receive spam from people using Gmail. Over the weekend I didn't check my email and 90% of the email was spam or malware. Whilst there's not much you can do about it, Google provides the ability to report spammers using their services. I doubt if Google do anything about it, but you can hope.

I use Search Australia to quickly go to sites I use and decided to add two sites for those wishing to report spam. The first is 'Gmail spam' and the other is a site run by the Australian government so you can report spam. Normally I really can't be bothered and simply hit the delete key, but every now and then I decide to stop being apathetic and submit the spam report in case it makes a difference.

If you receive spam email from a Gmail user and wish to report it, open Search Australia (you can find Search Australia on JustLocal – www.justlocal.com.au) and type 'gmail spam'. This will open Google's spam reporting page. Complete the details and hit submit. If you'd like to report spam to the Australian authorities then simply type 'spam' in Search Australia. This will open the ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) site. I doubt if the Australian government can or would do anything with regards to spam sent from overseas, so probably best just to use the ACMA site for spam sent from Australian businesses. The good thing is most Australian businesses tend not to send spam, but a few do.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment