Thursday, September 12, 2013

Alert: National Australia Bank/NAB - Thursday, 12 September 2013 - Your account will be deleted in 2 hours

I've received a couple of fake emails from the NAB and felt I should warn others. These emails are fake and should be deleted.

The email I received was sent from Italy (most likely from a malware infected bot controlled computer) and the link in the email would take you to a Chinese domain.

The approach I use with banks is not to provide my email address to them. If they wish to contact me they can post a letter. That way all emails I receive from financial institutions I know are fake. There is only one bank I can't do this with and within the next few months I hope to discontinue using their services. I do use online banking and if banks wanted to they could easily use their online service to keep you informed of anything important.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment