Thursday, September 26, 2013

McDonald's Drive Thru To Win unique letter combination won't be accepted. Error 'Sorry the code you have entered is invalid, please try again'

I decided to enter the McDonald's Drive Thru To Win competition since the receipt was just sitting there. Easy I thought. Just go to the website and enter the code. Of course I'll be signing my life away, but what the heck, it's a competition. I tried entering the code and I kept getting the error message 'Sorry the code you have entered is invalid, please try again'.

I decided something wasn't quite right but wasn't quite sure what. I decided to count the number of letters in the code I had and compare it to the code in the example. There was a letter short in my code. On closer examination I found the printed docket was missing a vertical strip on right. Given the printer used thermal printing technology, that means every docket printed using the printer at the Eltham McDonald's drive-thru would have had the same issue.

So if you find you're getting the error code 'Sorry the code you have entered is invalid, please try again', it may not be your fault.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment