Thursday, March 10, 2011

Optus alwayswin, but I didn't feel like a winner with Optus this time

I decided before recharging a family member's Optus prepaid mobile I'd change one of the MyTime numbers. I always feel the Optus split between your account on one site and other functions in MyZoo to be very confusing and unnecessary.

This time I managed to work through everything (after an excessive amount of time) and got to the page with the five current numbers, but no apparent way to change the numbers.

I decided to call their support and dialed 555. This had really gone on far too long and it was time for some human assistance even if I had to wait on that lengthly queue. I found to my surprise one of the options was for changing the MyTime numbers. Great I thought. The web site provided led me to same page on the Optus site with still no way to change the five numbers. I tried the second option of calling the 1300 555 002 number (cost of 27 cents) and followed the prompts. Whilst it was painful having to put in all five numbers and not just replace one with a new number, I did get there in the end.

With the amount of time wasted I was seriously contemplating throwing out the Optus prepaid service for another service. I can't believe others can work through the maze Optus puts in front of us.

I certainly didn't feel like a winner this time, but perhaps when I play the alwayswin game it will feel  like it was worth the effort. I almost smile at that thought because I can pretty well guess the type of prize I'll end up with. It's all a bit of fun.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.onlineconnections.com.au/

TAGS: zoo optus, optus alwayswins, optus always win, always win optus, optus alwayswin, alwayswin optus, optus alway win, optus win alwayswin, always win optus au, optus always win au, optus zoo webmail






No comments:

Post a Comment