Friday, April 22, 2011

Alert: Crystena Skae - do you know Brian Tracy?

I received an email from Crystena Skae with the subject do you know Brian Tracy. I don't know this person and I don't ever recall communicating with them and my systems don't indicate the sender is using a known email address.

I decided to check where the email was sent from which from what I can tell is California in the United States.

I consider this type of email to be unsolicited spam and would suggest if you receive such an email you delete it. If you continue to receive emails from people you don't with to receive emails from and you have control over your domain and email, you may wish to add a filter on the mail server which results in emails from the sender to fail. This approach works as long as the sender continues to send emails using the same emails.

What I do is I use OzEfilter to delete the email at the mail server before I collect the email. OzEfilter shows me a list of emails on the mail server from people I don't know. Most are spam or malware. I can then hit the delete, deleting unwanted emails and then proceed to download wanted emails. This is a great time saver and has saved me from the tedious task of deleting over 60,000 emails I would have normally received in my email client.

Kelvin Eldridge
http://www.justlocal.com.au/  

No comments:

Post a Comment