Saturday, July 27, 2013

Alert: Environmental corporation searching for representatives worldwide.

Over the last few weeks I've been receiving quite a few spam emails with the subject "Environmental corporation searching for representatives worldwide" or similar. When I see new scams which are a bit different I normally blog about it just in case it might help someone not get stung by the scammers. The body of the email is often similar to the following:

"Environmental enterprise searching for representation internationally
5% commission on 200K cash flow originated from promotion and sales of proprietary research articles"


It occurred to me I hadn't blogged about this group of emails and I receive three today.

I checked the past four of these emails to see where they had been sent from, using the hidden headers in the email and not the senders email address which is often faked. The countries they had been sent from were: Tehran, United States, Tanzania and Thailand. It is pretty obvious when the same email is being sent from multiple countries it is a scam of some type.

I don't know what the scammers are after. It may be your contact details or it could simply be if you get tricked into replying they then lead you on an elaborate scam and in my consulting work I've seen quite smart people who have been tricked scammers.

If you receive unsolicited emails they are spam and chances are most are from scammers. You should delete unsolicited emails. Your curiosity could cost your a lot more than you think.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment