Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Gmail tabs and how to turn them off

I always find it interesting how a company like Google could simply introduce a feature like tabs and simply not inform anyone there is a change coming. I suspect many people will be confused with the change.


If you don't want the tabs to appear, at the right of the tabs is a plus (+) sign. Click on the plus and you'll see the settings for the tabs. Deselect the tabs except for the Primary tab (which you can't deselect) and click Save and the tabs will be gone. You can also turn the tabs off or on in Settings via the Inbox section.

I wonder what others think of Google's new tabs?

Personally I like to have one location where I can check all the emails rather than jumping all over the place. I've noticed quite a few businesses not seeing important emails because they end up in a spam/junk folder and as a result turn the option off. I should say I don't use Gmail on a regular basis but I do see the confusion that happens with clients when unexpected changes happen.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

PS. Just received the email from Google about the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment