Sunday, January 05, 2014

Get to Google faster. Update your default search engine. Sure/No thanks


I don't know about you, but those messages from Google every time I visit their site annoy the living daylights out of me. Surely after hitting No thanks dozens of times they'd get the message. Thank goodness I don't have to put up with them as much as my clients, even when my clients have set Google as their home page.

I use Search Australia which is a search engine I created. Search Australia uses Google's services some I'm still getting the results from Google, but the results shown are for sites with Australian domains. I can still search all of Google by putting a 'g' before what I want to search for (or b for Bing and y for Yahoo), but most of the time I search I want Australian sites. I don't want to see sites from overseas companies that have such a strong presence they dwarf the results from Australian sites. If I want to check the road rules I don't want to see the results from UK sites.

Best of all, no nagging from Google. No nagging to make Google my default search engine and no nagging to switch to Chrome. If Google's nagging is annoying you then set Search Australia (www.AdvancedSearch.com.au/SearchAustralia) as your home page. I now also have Search Australia as the default when open a new tab. The less I use the Google home page the happier I am.

Kelvin Eldridge 
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Ph: 0415 910 703

No comments:

Post a Comment