Thursday, February 25, 2016

New simplified Electricity Cost Calculator is now available.

Some time ago I created the Energy Cost Calculator which is a web app I used to help me review my electricity costs. As part of reviewing our electricity usage we reduced our usage by making simple changes (e.g. filling the kettle up less) resulting in a significant saving. We reduced our electricity cost by more than 50 per cent.

However in the web app I provided a feature which enabled people to work out the payback period of replacing one appliance with a lower cost appliance. This was great when low energy lights came in, but now this features isn't as important. I decided to write a new and simpler web app, but unfortunately there wasn't enough traffic so I've now updated this post to the original Electricity Cost Calculator. You can find the calculator at www.justlocal.com.au/clients/energy-cost/.

If you're interested in saving money on your electricity bills, reviewing the electricity used by your appliances can help you hone in on where you can make savings. A few simple changes can make a very big difference.

Kelvin Eldridge


No comments:

Post a Comment