Monday, February 01, 2016

TPG internet in Templestowe very unreliable past few days and currently not working.

When I have issues with TPG's ADSL service I often check their status page. Even though I'm having issues, I've never seen the status page state anything other than everything is working.

On Saturday night I streamed a movie. The movie ran for 1.5 hours, but the movie took close to 3 hours to watch. The TPG service was continually cutting out. On Sunday the service was also very flaky. This morning I've only been able to connect for very short periods. The modem status is continually flipping between being up and down.

TPG's service has an excellent price. It's at times like this you have to question whether you should change service providers, but in the end the major service providers I've found have outages. Optus once was out for over a week. In addition to change providers there's often a hefty set up fee, or lengthy contract period.

To get around problem times like this I have a Wi-Fi hotspot that connects to the mobile network. I consider the $50 I pay for 5GB for 12 months to be good insurance. In addition the Wi-Fi hotspot comes in handy when travelling.

Do you have a fallback strategy in place if your internet provider's service stops working?

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.
Servicing Doncaster, Templestowe, Eltham and the surrounding area.

PS. I've submitted the issue via TPG's online service and will update this post should I find anything that may interest others.

No comments:

Post a Comment