Sunday, April 02, 2017

TPG ADSL service not working in Templestowe since 1st of April.

Not really sure if TPG is playing an April fools joke, but hey, shouldn't they stop at noon on 1st.

Seriously though, the TPG service has not been working since the start of Saturday the 1st of April and it's now 10:05 am. Just spent an hour on their support line only to have just been told via a recorded message, due to the number of support calls at the moment they are not able to attend the call and to call back later.

A check of their online Service Status shows no issues that would affect me. When I've had issues in the past this has always been the case so the Service Status page isn't really a help.

Used their online form to submit the issue so really all I can do is wait.

Last month an issue with mobile billing, where they started charging excess charges around 300MB before the allowance had expired. Another problem this month. Not a good recent track record for TPG.

If you're in this situation it is always a good idea to have a back up strategy to access the internet. In this case I'm using my mobile data, which of course means if I use to much then I'll hit the mobile limit, but at least you can get access to the internet if required.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment