Tuesday, August 24, 2021

New features added to the 5km Radius site. 10km radius and Bike Trails.

Two new features have been added to the 5km Radius website.
  • 10km radius
  • Bike Trails
10km Radius
In both Victoria and NSW there has been 10km radius restrictions. In case the 10km radius restriction occurs again this has been added to the 5km Radius site. In NSW at one point there was both a 5km radius restriction and a 10km radius restriction so we need to be prepared.

Bike Trails
It can be hard to find things to do when you're in lockdown and restricted to a 5km radius. One activity I do is to go for a bike ride but in doing so I need to keep in mind I'm still restricted to 5km.

The Bike Trails map shows the bike trails around your area. A 5km ride doesn't sound like much but with a bit of creative thinking I've manager to create a number of 5km circuits in my area and you can see those rides as I add them to YouTube. I can tell you I've come back quite exhausted from the 5km circuits and I've not even been doing more than half the 5km radius area. Keep in mind if you could ride around the circumference of a 5km radius area that would be close to 31km. Throw in some hills and slow section you may even find it hard to complete in the time allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment