Thursday, January 13, 2022

Bunnings click n collect hacked email advice appears to be legitimate.

Yesterday I received and email from Bunnings to let me know the third-party company that provides their click n collect booking provider (Flexbooker) had been hacked and my email address and name details may have been accessed by the hacker.

Initially I wondered if the email was a scam. A quick check of the email led me to believe the email was legitimate. My email address is public and my name is public so really I can't see there's any greater exposure from the breach.

I decided today to share my thoughts in case it helps others confirm the authenticity of the email. This doesn't mean hackers won't further use the information and the announcement to try to trick people so take additional care.


For those interested in what I check, I initially just checked to see all links in the email were to legitimate  and went to Bunnings. Today I went further and reviewed the email headers and the email was sent from a Bunnings address. It appears that Bunnings uses Salesforce as the IP address used came up as being Salesforce.

With email never let your guard down. The scammers never give up so always take care.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment